Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Time to return..

When I'm feeling lost, I usually end up back here.  I started this blog to chronicle my journey with endometriosis, but that't not really a part of my life anymore.  That's been confusing to some people, because, no, there is not a cure.  But there is a choice.  I chose to have excision surgery, and my pain has almost completely subsided.  Because of that, I chose to not have endo be a big part of my life.  Sure, it's always on the back burner, but it doesn't get to control my life.  It only ever dragged me down, and life has enough challenges on it's own without me letting this be another challenge.  I don't intend for that to be offensive, I promise.

I think it's time for me to start chronicling my fitness journey instead, since that's way more relevant to my current life.

Just over a year ago, a good friend of mine got me to try Shakeology.  I hated it for the first week or so.  It's now 13 months later, and I can't imagine my life without it.  I used to need to take a nap every single day, or else I couldn't make it through the day.  My fatigue was nothing short of crippling.  I was so tired that working out wasn't even an option.  If I didn't have the energy to make it through a normal day, how on earth was I supposed to have the energy to make it through a workout, too?

I'm so thankful that my friend introduced me to a different way of living.  My progress has not been huge, and it has not been fast.  But it has been a hell of a learning experience, and I'm still continuing to learn and make little changes every day.  The biggest changes have been in my heart and in my mind, and the stronger that I make those, the easier it will be for my body to follow.


If you're interested in following my journey on a more personal level, you can find me at facebook.com/coachmissyr

No comments:

Post a Comment